Friday, January 4, 2008

Teach your Parents well

My parents, my parents, where do I start? Pains in the asses that they are, they FINALLY like my ex, now that I don't anymore. Figures!

I tricked them into meeting him this New Year's weekend. Now that I'm living on my own I threw a party, invited them all and just didn't tell them that he was coming. I did it to prove a point, that he's not this awful cretin, but a regular human being. See, they're a little racist. When we were dating they refused to meet him, convinced, just because he's Puerto Rican from the Bronx, that he was after me for the 'white girl's' money. He wasn't. Still isn't. He's in love with me still, even with all my faults.

So, there they all were Saturday night. I thought my dad tensed up when they first met; but, even he lightened up as the football game went on and he and my ex were speaking the same language.

So, I just brought the subject up for the first time on the phone with my Mom, 'You know that was my ex, right?,' I asked her. 'We weren't sure,' she said, 'We were both pleasantly surprised at how much better looking, well built,
articulate, polite he was.'

Now they like him I don't.
Nice, huh!
Luv,
Vanessa

No comments: